He’s an entrepreneur and visionary who has been working in the landscape and snow and ice management field for over 20 years. He's a leader, a longtime member of EO Boston previously serving as president. Please welcome Founder and Chief Visionary of JC Grounds Management Jonathan Crandall to the show. Mark Stiles interviews Jonathan to learn more about the reality of entrepreneurship, the importance of hiring for core values, and how to hike all of NH’s 4000 footers.
- People think that being an entrepreneur means you are your own boss. While you may not have a manager, you are still held accountable by your customers and your employees.
- Success can come after starting a business. It is important to not be dissuaded when it isn’t immediate.
- While growing a business is not without its pains, growth creates opportunities to refine your processes and bring in outside perspectives.
- As an entrepreneur it may be intimidating to talk to others in your industry. While they might seem like competition, many of them are willing to lend a helping hand or provide advice.
- Your passion for your work matters less than how much you get along with your coworkers. At the end of the day it isn’t what you are doing, it’s who you are doing it with.
- You have a responsibility to take care of your business, but you also have a responsibility to take care of yourself! Don’t let your business negatively affect your health.
- One of the most important skills you can have in your professional and personal life is the ability to communicate and understand others perspectives.
Quote of the Show
- “I realized it wasn’t what I was doing here, it was the people I was with.” - Jonathan Crandall
- The E-Myth Revisited - Michael Gerber
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/xgFHRLAX1EY