So many people believe the key to their company’s success is to wake up at 5, strap into the grind, and burn all the midnight oil they can find. But this is a flawed perspective and by actually getting space from your business you can be more effective when you are working on it. Entrepreneur, CEO, and Travel Designer, Kristin Chambers is letting everyone know the keys to work on themselves before they work on their businesses. Learn about how to unplug, the importance of committing to fully unplug, and what the copious benefits of unplugging are. One of Kristin’s favorite ways to unplug is to travel and you’ll hear many more great ways too.
- It’s no longer cool to be the CEO that’s working 24/7 and is completely burnt out. You can actually be more efficient if you are more meaningful and intentional with your time and connecting with others outside of the business world.
- Before you put even more work into your company, you have to work on yourself! Get yourself into healthier habits, rekindle and or feed relationships with loved ones, and find your “why?”
- Set aside time to unplug from your company. Don’t try to just partially unplug, it’s important to completely unplug which means not checking your email… at all. Commit to fully unplugging.
- Spending time away from your company actually makes you want to get back to it and start working on it again with renewed vigor.
- A good way to communicate with others that you are “unplugged” is by scheduling “Out of Office” time into your calendar. This tells others that if they need something they better come to you while you’re still plugged in
- Travel is a great way to recharge. Most of the world is slower-paced than the US and by embracing this cultural difference while traveling it opens you to a new perspective and helps you to relax and recharge.
- When booking a trip, try using a travel agency to remove the stress, find better rates for lodging and airfare, and discover new experiences custom-crafted for you.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daluxurytravel/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DALuxuryTravel
- Email: Kristin@travellustre.com
- Company website: https://www.travellustre.com/
- Company website: https://www.daluxurytravel.com/
Quote of the Show
- “I come up with some of my best ideas when I'm out of my day to day” - Kristin Chambers
- Hilary Porta - Executive Coach
- The Things They Carried By Tim O’Brien
- The Miracle Morning By Hal Elrod
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/KJn7TjTiaDo