This week’s guest is a new member of EO who is passionate about data and using it to help organizations improve their performance. Ryan Sullivan is Principal at Collectiv, and the guest on this week’s episode of Leadership In Action. Ryan joins Mark to discuss the value of data integration, Ryan’s tips for starting a business, and his experiences skydiving.
- As an entrepreneur, you don’t need to have every step of the next 5 years planned out before you get started.
- Great is the enemy of good. Don’t let the pursuit of perfection stop you from getting started with solutions that are good.
- Automated data reporting is a lower-effort way to use technology that will still result in a significant amount of hours freed up in your schedule.
- To be a successful consultant requires more than technical skill alone. Effective communication of the technology to all skill levels goes hand in hand with your ability to implement those skills.
- It’s essential to know how to educate people on the systems you implement. If other people can’t take full ownership, you will remain tied to that project.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to develop an ear to hear when something is bothering someone, their pain points, or hearing that there is a gap that could be filled.
- Many businesses have not yet realized the opportunities that data processing may afford them.
Quote of the Show
- “What makes an entrepreneur, it's that person who has the courage and the idea to take that first step.” - Ryan Sullivan
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/BZfjR9ZF4HA