Today's guest is a leadership legend. She has three decades of experience in leadership, sales management, coaching, speaking, and training. She led her real estate team to achieve over half a billion dollars in annual sales volume. MaryBeth Gustitus is the founder, president, and CEO of MILE 1 Performance Coaching. MB sits down with host Mark Stiles this week to help entrepreneurs understand how to find their blindspots, and discuss tips to ensure the right fit for employees.
- Many entrepreneurs get caught up in a self-imposed restriction that they are the only ones who can do what they are doing. Thinking this way can prevent you from utilizing outside experience and viewpoints.
- The first step in transitioning to a role with more administrative responsibility is to have awareness of your inclination to want to hold on to the work you are doing.
- Most entrepreneurs get into their business for freedom, but can quickly find themselves in a situation where they are tied up with responsibility.
- While optimism, excitement for change, and creativity are necessary traits of any successful entrepreneur, it is essential to not let those same traits become blind spots.
- When building a successful team, start with your strengths and weaknesses. Put yourself in an area you will succeed in, and hire people who will succeed in the areas where you need support.
- While behavioral assessments can be a valuable tool, the results need to be validated and explained, and should also be plotted in the larger context of the entire team. A result alone doesn’t determine how good of a fit someone is.
- When you are faced with a challenge or limit you have three options, accept the limitations, quit, or rise above and figure out how to excel.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marybeth-gustitus-32484723/
- Website: https://www.marybethgustitus.com/
- Cell: 603-305-3552
- Email: MBMile1@gmail.com
Quote of the Show
- “If we don't master the art of lead generation, we don't have any customers.” - MB Gustitus
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni
- Cash Flow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/FXs-E6UIkZI