Take a deliberate look at where your life and your business are going and make sure that they’re on the path to reaching your goals for them. This can sound easier said than done, but entrepreneur and coach Jay Bacrania explains how you can be intentional about the direction of your life. Through this episode, you’ll learn how to avoid the dangers of getting too tangled up in your business, when to transfer your energy from one journey to another, and the importance of aligning your goals for both your business and your life.
- Your business is not your life! Entrepreneurs can get so tangled up in their businesses that they become the reason their business is not growing. Think about the rest of your being and where you want the other parts of your life to be as your business grows.
- What a business requires from an entrepreneur changes based on the stage of the business. Early on a singular person needs to push, but once the wheels have started to spin, other people, can be brought in to take over the pushing.
- Your business is only one of the many journeys that you are on. If you neglect to tend to your other journeys, they can show up in less than ideal forms when you’re not expecting them.
- If you are constantly striving to make yourself less and less integral to your business this means that you are building a stronger, longer-lasting, and more sustainable business.
- Have an intentional and thoughtful plan for where you want your life to be. You can’t plan every last detail out, but think about where you going right now and where you want to be, and what needs to be done to correct your course.
- For an entrepreneur, while their lives and their businesses are separate entities, they are tied together strongly by the entrepreneur's goals for each. Where an entrepreneur wants their life to be and where they want their business to be should be aligned.
- Most entrepreneurs are not naturally reflective people and they need a more structured approach to actually reflect on their life. Try writing out the stops on your journey or working with a coach who can push you to reach a deeper level of reflection.
- Signet Education website: https://signeteducation.com/
- Crews Consulting Group website: https://crewsconsultinggroup.com/
Quote of the Show
- “Every business needs enough energy, creativity, and spark to break the status quo” - Jay Bacrania
- The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/LDAH6HHR8HU