Get ready to take a peek behind the scenes into the legal world through the eyes of an attorney and entrepreneur who has seen the mistakes most entrepreneurs are bound to make. Mark Stiles is bringing you the advice you need when to find an attorney, how to look for one, and how many attorneys are too many attorneys for you. You will also hear about the different ways to get into the real estate business, what your expectations should be when you buy a property, and the best ways to maximize your portfolio’s value.
- Not all attorneys are jerks. Choose an attorney who matches your personality type because you could be working with them for a long time. Get a referral from someone who was or is, in a similar position to you. Interview and connect with them.
- All attorneys are specialized in their own niches, so make sure to find one that can help you with what your business actually needs. Oftentimes, the attorney who helps you start your company is not the attorney who will help you sell the company.
- Don’t wait to look for an attorney until you need to have an attorney! Be proactive, not reactive! People who wait until trouble strikes to look for representation are often why attorneys get such a bad reputation. Have a process before disaster strikes.
- It’s better to try and find ways to work together with people because when litigation drags on, the only people who win are the attorneys for both sides who are billing hourly. It’s better to come to a quick resolution where each side is only a little unhappy.
- You should surround yourself or your business with a team of professionals that include a financial advisor, a CPA, a title attorney, a real estate agent, a mortgage professional insurance agent. Your attorney should be able to refer the best specialists when needed.
- There are different ways to get into real estate such as office, warehouse, residential, etc. and the next best time to buy real estate is now. Work with a real estate attorney, a real estate agent who knows investment properties, and a mortgage professional.
- Expect a second job if you are getting into real estate! There’s a lot of work you’ll have to do! You can hire a manager who can take care of a lot of that work but keep in mind that will cut into your profit margins.
Quote of the Show
- “You get to choose your attorney and you want to match that attorney with your personality, because depending on what you're doing, you may be with that person for a long time.” - Mark Stiles
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markstileslaw/
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/mstiles
- Podcast: Let’s Talk Business: https://open.spotify.com/show/0XEGPjdiJEGJ7tojHUGANV?si=c5fcd691499b48c3
- Company website: http://www.stiles-law.com
- Company Phone: (781) 319 - 1900
- Company YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StilesLaw
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter
- Gary Bloom - Mentor
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/Szh7-tMfM4o