Today's guest is an entrepreneur, a speaker, a writer, and an influencer. He’s problem solved for companies like IBM, IRS, GE, and 3M. Seth Earley is the CEO of Earley Information Science and the host of the Earley AI podcast. Seth joins Casey to explore how to best give feedback, deal with bad performance, and learn to trust your gut.
- There is a fine line between being outside of your comfort zone and going against your gut instinct.
- When bringing in outside help, look for someone who understands the nuances of running a small entrepreneurial company as well as someone with the right expertise and skills.
- It is important to be trusting, but not naive. Don’t take unnecessary risks.
- When mistakes happen, don't make excuses, take responsibility.
- There's no losing, there's winning or learning. But you can only learn if you acknowledge the issue.
- When you need to call things out to an employee, do it in a way that is sincere and kind and they will be more receptive.
- It is better to take the time to hire the right fit for a position rather than hire someone to fill it.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sethearley
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethearley/
- Website: http://earley.com
- Website: https://www.wordmap.com/
- Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/AI-Powered-Enterprise-Ontologies-Business-Profitable/dp/1928055508
Quote of the Show
- “When you're trying to do something different, you have to be different” - Seth Earley
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/aZv9tsV8Sxg