A serial entrepreneur, adventurer, sports fanatic, and thought leader in the textiles industry. Joel Livingston is the owner and executive vice president of Emtex Inc and brings over 30 years of business, and life experience to the table. Tune in to hear Casey Cheshire talk with Joel about his favorite kind of leadership. One that's not only collaborative but also caring. In this episode, you’ll learn about leadership skills, Joel’s background, and some of his business experiences.
- A lot of people would think that it's lonely at the top. But it doesn't have to be! Having a more collaborative workspace is a great way to interact with employees.
- Leaders need to rely on the experiences of those around them to make better leadership decisions.
- Mistakes happen, and it's important not to burn employees who make mistakes. Instead, figure out why they made that decision and where they were coming from.
- Spend the energy on fixing the problem rather than who caused the problem
- It's important for leaders to be transparent about what's going on. Share the good news and the bad news.
- One of the biggest pieces of advice Joel gives to younger professionals is to rely on connections to discover new opportunities.
- It's important to utilize the resources that others are willing to provide you. Take advantage of the opportunities that are offered to you by your peers.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joel-livingston-5471112/
- Company website: https://emtexglobal.com/
Quote of the Show:
- “It's just the opposite of how I want to be or how I like to run. I want to be accessible to anyone and everybody's equal here to me” - Joel Livingston ~ 6:37
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action