The long-term success of your business is directly tied to your long-term health and if you aren’t running at 100%, your business won’t be operating at 100%. Royi Metser is the Director of Business Development at Inside Tracker and is extremely passionate about both business and health. This episode covers what goes into not just living additional years, but living higher-quality years.
- For entrepreneurs to build a successful business, their work and life have to be interwoven. Because creating a company is so all-consuming, you can’t have a clear separation between the two parts of your life.
- Building a company is a marathon, not a sprint. You need to take care of yourself and give yourself the brakes that you need to recharge. Doing this will help you not only survive but thrive.
- Because of the lack of clear boundaries between life and work, you can take advantage of doing things that get you energized, happy, and healthy outside of the traditional schedule so they fit what works best for you.
- Choose physical activities that you actually enjoy and can do sustainably for a long period of time. Additionally, to build the habit, do it during the times when you actually can.
- Even if you don’t feel like going to the gym, running, etc. just take the first step towards the gym or your running shoes, and eventually, you will end up getting your full exercise in once you actually get started.
- In order to improve your health, you need to establish a baseline that you can then use with objective data to measure the impact that the changes that you have implemented have had. You can’t optimize what you don’t measure.
- Before you can give your best effort to your business, you need to treat your body like a high-performance machine. This means getting it checked by professionals, fixing things that need to be fixed, and tweaking the ongoing care routines.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/royi-metser-6886a211/
- Company website: https://www.insidetracker.com/
Quote of the Show
- “Building a business is a lifestyle. It's all-consuming” - Royi Metser
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/Ug-ONk-XAkc