Far too often, companies place the quality of service over the customer experience and lose out on future work with those clients and the referrals they could provide. Varun Bihani is working to flip that around and use a focus on customer experience to grow companies. You’ll learn how to set the right expectations with your clients, the importance of upfront and transparent communication, and why the trust that you establish far outweighs the quality of your services.
- In most cases, especially in service industries, your customer experience is more important than the quality of the service that you provide.
- The Customer Experience begins from day one with how your company communicates with the customer and how the expectations have been set with the customer.
- By having a great customer experience, you keep your customers happy and they become more likely to refer you to other potential customers.
- Even though the quality of the work you provide a client is great, that client may not want to come back to you or refer you if your process leaves them with a bad taste. Think of a restaurant with terrible service or ambiance, you won’t actually care how the food tastes.
- Managing all of the little things that impact your customer experience is part of setting the right expectations. It’s important to clearly communicate the process from the start and also any delays or mistakes that may alter the roadmap as they occur.
- By being upfront and communicating any mistakes to your client, you build trust and that trust is what will bring that client back to you, regardless of the level of quality. Your competitors likely have the same level of quality, but you have the relationship.
- You can’t tell a customer how reliable your company is through marketing, they have to experience it themselves or hear about it from another customer who has experienced it. Your customers are more effective than you when talking about your company.
- Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty
Quote of the Show
- “To me, it's all about customer experience. I think it's all about how you interact with the customer right from the point when you get them onboarded” - Varun Bihani
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/-0JcqfPfPkc