If you think that everything's going to be easier once your business gets off the ground, then you really need to listen to Mike Moran on this episode. Mike explores the changing nature of the challenges that business leaders face as their business grows and the attitude they need to work through them. You’ll hear about how to start ramping up off of the plateau, how to present your emotions as a leader, and how to keep going after making the wrong decision.
- Just because your company grows out of the startup phase, that doesn’t mean the going gets any easier. In fact, it gets harder, just in new and different ways.
- The journey of every business follows a pattern of “S-curves”. Things start out slowly, then ramp up quickly, and when everything plateaus, you need to make adjustments to get into ramping up.
- Find a way to calm down that works for you. This can be as easy as taking a deep breath, but discover what’s best for you. This can help you handle stressful situations better and make clearer decisions.
- Although you want to keep things very positive as a leader, there are times when you need to be able to have challenging, direct conversations with those you’re working with and these can’t always be positive.
- When you are making big decisions try to think with the end in mind. Unfortunately, you won’t always have a choice and you’ll have to go with your gut. In these cases, learn something from the experience, regardless of if the outcome is positive or negative.
- We often only see the rewards of other people’s hard work, but we need to remember all of the hours, days, months, and years that that person has worked to get to the point we see them at.
- With the incredible amount of change that has occurred over the past few years, look for opportunities to do things differently as people now begin to try and get back to some sense of normalcy.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-moran-59594318/
- Email: email@example.com
- Company website: https://www.cfgbrokeragenetwork.com/
- Company website: https://everybodyfights.com/
Quote of the Show:
- “Life doesn’t get easier, it just gets different. It gets challenging in different ways” - Mike Moran
- Playing to Win: How Strategy Really Works by A. G. Lafley
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Anthony Rich
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/YJz92mJonRE