While some people may think that to be a successful entrepreneur you need a college degree or an MBA, this simply isn’t the case! Ryan Bennett has found great success in the trades with his business and now he’s sharing some great advice for how to interact with your employees and grow your company. You’ll learn all about finding what your employees are best at, why you need to communicate the opportunities for advancement within your company, and how to find more time for you to work on the business.
- You don’t need an MBA or even a college degree to be an entrepreneur and be successful! There are many great opportunities in trades and they have openings in the many vertical layers that support the entire business.
- As an owner, you need to find what your employees are best at doing and utilize them in ways that personally and professionally benefit the employees while also benefiting the business.
- Your employees need to know that there are more opportunities to learn and grow available to them within the business.
- One way to find what your employees are really good at is to work side by side with them. Another way is to communicate with them and ask what they really want out of their career.
- When a new employee is coming in, make sure they know that whatever task they start out doing is not the only thing they’ll ever do. Show them how to do other tasks and show them you are willing to teach them to do anything they are willing to learn.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to allow your employees to solve problems on their own, without your involvement. While they may make mistakes, they need to learn from the experience and will never be able to if you try to solve every problem by yourself.
- Put aside time every day to allow yourself to think outside of the box and get in touch with mentors.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-bennett-ba248622b/
- Company Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cliffstonecorp/
- Company website: https://cliffstonecorp.com/
Quote of the Show
- “You've got to show that you're willing to teach them anything that they want to learn and push them to grow. And then at the same time, showing them gratitude that they are willing to learn because it's helping me in the end, along with them” - Ryan Bennett
- Entrepreneurs United - Podcast
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/c2tQGWKgAtY