Entrepreneurs are always trying to get their business out of its training wheels as fast as possible while experiencing the fewest growing pains possible. A successful entrepreneur in her own right, Kristen Sweeney, owner of Kristen Sweeney Consulting and copywriting extraordinaire, is this episode’s special guest. Learn about solving problems at every level of business, how to set expectations for growing your business, and the importance of going through those growing pains with your business and learning from them.
- Even with as much as you may learn about how to run a business in a classroom, you can’t skip past your business’ training wheels. The growing pains are an essential part of developing both your business and yourself.
- If your company is truly operating really well, there’s nothing that will jump out at you and catch you off guard.
- Just because your company is growing doesn’t mean that you can outgrow your problems. As your company grows, so do your problems.
- You will never be able to get to a point where you have solved every single problem that your company has or could have.
- The problems that your company faces will grow and evolve and you will have to stay vigilant to catch them and be open-minded to solve them.
- The Great resignation has really shown that a lot of people are taking a step back and reevaluating what they want in life. It is important that you have a Personal/Professional Alignment between your work and your life outside of work.
- A good way to wind down before bed is reading. It’s better to read fiction before bed than a business book because if you read a business book you’re more likely to be kept up by trying to figure out how to implement what you just read, leading to worse sleep.
Quote of the Show
- “You have to grow up, your company has to grow up, You have to grow up as a leader. You can't go from being five to being 15, just because you hang out with a bunch of teenagers, you have to be seven first” -Kristen Sweeney
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristen-sweeney-1209/
- Crews Consulting Group website: https://crewsconsultinggroup.com/
- Kristen Sweeney Consulting website: https://www.kristensweeneyconsulting.com/
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/46MCMwbeSiU