Today’s guest is an entrepreneur, marketing strategist, author, thought leader, and podcaster. His marketing experience spreads across SEO, PPC, social media, and digital marketing at its core. David Reske is the former President of EO Boston and Founder and President of Nowspeed Marketing. David joins host Casey Cheshire on this week’s episode to teach you how to make sense of the overwhelming amount of information generated from digital marketing.
- Digital marketing is more than just an automated AI-driven process. There is a significant amount of work that you need to be willing to put in to see results.
- There is an abundance of data in digital marketing and it can be easy to get overwhelmed if you don’t know what you are doing.
- The best way to make sense of all the data is to simplify, connect the dots, and make sure you are focused on the right personas.
- While it can be tempting to try a variety of different channels with a variety of products, start simple and focus on refining the process before attempting it on a large scale.
- Once you start to see positive results with a proven channel and method, ramp up your budget for marketing and you will see an increase in revenue.
- When figuring out your budget for marketing, there is a threshold amount you need to spend before you will see enough interaction and engagement to determine effectiveness.
- Different groups of customers use different social media platforms. Identify your target groups, and advertise on the platform they use most frequently.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/davidreske
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidreske/
- Website: https://nowspeed.com/
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Marketing-Zone-Ultimate-Success/dp/168350268X/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
Quote of the Show
- “Digital advertising has so many opportunities for learning and improvement, but it does take patience in systematic thinking to really make that happen.” - David Reske
- Statistical Significance Calculators
- Extreme Ownership - Jocko Willink, Leif Babin
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/GCT9_eyXNKU