Today's guest is a member of EO who has spent time on the board. He's a speaker, a thought leader, a marketeer, and an unbelievable human being. He hosts the “Hard Corps Marketing Show” podcast, and is the now previous host of EO Boston’s podcast “Leadership In Action”. Casey Cheshire, Founder and CEO of Ringmaster Conversational Marketing, joins new host Mark Stiles to hand Mark the torch of Podcast Host. Casey talks with Mark about why talking to your customers is so important, how podcasting can serve as a valuable tool for CEOs to connect with their customers, and how growing companies may end up more isolated from their customers’ needs.
- Leadership Myth: “You don’t need to talk to your customers”. You need to talk to your customers to truly understand their needs and intentions.
- As your business scales and you become more insulated from the customer interactions, it becomes harder to hear what your customer is actually saying.
- The CEO should always be an advocate for the customer.
- Podcasting is a great way to talk to your customer. Having the CEO of a company interview their current and potential customers provides valuable insight into their issues and needs.
- The process for booking guests on your show should be genuine and authentic. Avoid automation, pick your key clients, and interact with them as a person.
- A private slack channel for your podcast guests is a great way to build community with your ideal clients.
- The podcast process should wow your guests and make them feel special. The guest should feel like they have been selected to be a guest on 60 minutes, not on the end of a spam call.
Quote of the Show
- “As the leader, when you start finding your own vision getting weaker and weaker, you just don't feel as passionate about it.” - Casey Cheshire
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/caseychesh?lang=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caseycheshire/
- Website: https://ringmaster.com/
- Podcast: https://creatingthegreatestshow.podbean.com/
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Book Link: https://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Automation-Unleashed-Strategic-Growth/dp/1599327384
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/2RV86jL4ndw