As surprising as this may seem to learn, you don’t have to give every last ounce of energy that you have to your business in order to be successful! Melissa Clayton has found a great balance between growing her company and enjoying time with her family and friends, and now she is letting you know how you can too. You’ll hear about limiting the number of hours you work, building a great team around you, and cultivating a culture.
- You don’t need to be the proverbial CEO that’s working 100 hours a week in order for your business to be a success. You should enjoy the process of building your business without sacrificing your life for it.
- If you worked more hours per week, your business would probably experience faster growth. However, by intentionally limiting the number of hours you spend working, you can still see your business grow while also experiencing everything else in life.
- Remember why you got into your business! If you went in looking for financial security, understand that accumulating more wealth or possessions past a certain point begins to give you diminishing marginal returns.
- You need to surround yourself with a really good team that you can rely on and that doesn’t require you to constantly check in on.
- When designing a new product, consider how you can create deeper connections with your customers through the product. This relies upon having a very empathetic and nuanced understanding of your customers.
- One of the keys to creating new product lines is to cater to what customers are demanding while also staying true to the core of your company and or brand.
- Your brand and your products can take on a much greater meaning to your customers than you ever could have intended and when you embrace this, you start to create a strong community based around your brand and products.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissa-clayton-817b568/
- Personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/melissarclayton/?hl=en
- Website: https://tinytags.com/
- Company Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tinytags/?hl=en
- Website: https://www.thematte.com/
- Company Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thematteofficial/?hl=en
- Melissa on Shark Tank: https://www.thematte.com/blogs/news/melissa-on-shark-thank
Quote of the Show
- “I’ve always been very comfortable in enjoying the process and the journey of it and not willing to sacrifice my life for the business” - Melissa Clayton
- Shark Tank
- The Gift of Joy by Curtis G. Almquist
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-in-action/id1585042233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/2t4Ksk4TwmZ6MSfAHXGkJI
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/leadership-in-action
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVhZGVyc2hpcGluYWN0aW9uLmxpdmUvZmVlZC54bWw
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/4263fd02-8c9b-495e-bd31-2e5aef21ff6b/leadership-in-action
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/-f42-lB33_E